- What is Save Our System?
- I'm a transit rider, how can I get involved?
- I'm a community organization, how can I get involved?
- I'm a business , how can I get involved?
- What is Americans for Transit?
- How is Americans for Transit funded?
- If A4T is funded by unions how can it have an independent voice from workers?
- Have another question we didn't answer?
Save Our System is a coalition of public transit riders, community organizations, faith groups, labor organizations, and small businesses working to improve WMATA services. Save Our System coalition was convened by Americans for Transit.
Americans for Transit (A4T) is national 501c3 non-profit that works to create, unite, and strengthen grassroots rider-led movements for public transit. Americans for Transit was incorporated in 2012. Americans for Transit was created by Greg LeRoy , Executive Director of Good Jobs First and Larry Hanley , International President of Amalgamated Transit Union. To read about A4T's current staff and full board visit here.
Americans for Transit functions as a convener and a catalyst for action. We bring people together to advoacte for improving public transit in their communities. Grassroots organizations all across the country (like many transit-rider organizations) receive funding from unions. It's in unions' best interest to support groups like ours that are building an independent rider voice to advocate for riders' needs and concerns so they can focus on advocating for their members.